Database Concepts (English course for "Datenbanken I")
|Lecturer:||Prof. Dr. rer. nat. habil. Gunter Saake|
Paul Blockhaus, Kai Ponel, Md Najmul Sharkar, Damanpreet Waila
|Credits:||5 CP for Bachelor, 6 CP for Master (Module Handbook)|
- The course is held as an online course in the summer semester 2022, starting from 06.04.2022. Please register for the course via Moodle.
- The first exercise have to be submitted by 16.04.2022 and will be discussed in the week of 18.04.2022.
- All the course material will be posted on Moodle.
- Link to SQLValidator for checking your SQL statements.
- Register for an exercise group via Moodle.
- Submit and have a positive assessment of 60 percent of all exercise tasks in this course.
- Present your solutions at least two times during the exercises.
- Fulfill the semester project.
- Motivation and History
- Background Concept and Architecture
- Data Models for Design
- Data Models for Implementation
- Database Design and Data Definition
- Query and Update Operations
- Relational Database Languages
- Database Application Programming
- Integrity Constraints, Transactions and Triggers
- Views and Access Control
Gunter Saake, Kai-Uwe Sattler, Andreas Heuer